Willenhall 52.5805434 -2.039493
Head Office Willenhall
Poundland is one of the UK’s largest discount retailers, with around 850 stores and 16,000 colleagues across the UK, Ireland and Europe (our Dealz brand). Our ethos is to create amazing value every day for our customers. At the heart of our business are our 16,000 amazing colleagues from our Stores, Distribution Centre’s and Head Office (called our Customer support Centre – CSC).
About this role
There’s not many things more important than paying all our hard-working Colleagues! This role will ensure the accurate and timely processing of 3 different pay runs (weekly, 4-weekly and monthly), across the UK and Ireland Poundland and Dealz businesses. Working as part of a team, providing excellent customer service to all our colleagues is at the heart of this role, your knowledge of Payroll in a busy high-volume environment, is a given.
Know what we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with at least 2 years payroll experience ideally in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of PSEnterprise would be an advantage as well as having a CIPP qualification. The successful candidate will have up to date knowledge of Payroll legislation and a basic knowledge of pension schemes would be an advantage. The chosen person will be accurate with excellent attention to detail, service focused, a team player with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Leading and managing a team of payroll clerks
- Working in partnership with our assigned payroll provider
- Full responsibility for the accurate payroll of 23,000 colleagues
- Support the team in the implementation of all payroll processes and routines
- To ensure the supplementary pay run is actioned in a timely manner
- Responsible for the accurate delivery of payments made and resolving issues as appropriate
- To ensure all BACS payments and recalls are actioned
- The production and distribution of financial reports within the department
Suitable candidates must be proficient in the use of Excel and other Microsoft office programmes and possess a good working knowledge of payroll, RTI and TUPE processes. The ability to work within a small team and build good working relationships is imperative along with the ability to work collaboratively with many stakeholders.
Head Office Willenhall