Charity and Events Coordinator (10 months, Maternity Cover)
Willenhall 52.5805434 -2.039493
Head Office Willenhall
About the opportunity
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate Charity and Events Coordinator to assist in the development of the charity strategy and supporting the calendar of events and supplier engagement opportunities.
You will also support planning, developing and delivering of all consumer events and conferences both internally and externally, working closely with teams internally to execute an annual programme of activity, as well as external agencies.
As part of this exciting role you will also be involved in the launch of a Charity Foundation.
What you’ll be doing
As a Charity and Events Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the creation of a calendar of fundraising events & initiatives and supplier engagement opportunities
- Marketing and public relations support to raise the profile of the charity partnerships
- Liaise with external charities, local authorities, business contacts, trustees and other stakeholders or clients
- Support the awareness of the partnership in stores and head office
- Maximise local and national PR opportunities through both the national charity partnerships and smaller localised requests
- Help with fundraising collateral, coordinating photo shoots and developing an e-newsletter for colleagues
- Assist in set up and running of a Foundation Charity
- Working alongside Retail Operations team with charity event implementation
- Organising events and conferences i.e. retail conference, IGD Conference
- Support and attend consumer and journalist PR events to drive awareness of the product offering and seasonal events
- Work to an agreed Marketing Plan to ensure all campaigns delivered in a timely fashion, aid customer acquisition and drive footfall and communicate the right message at the right time
- Co-ordinating stories for the charity section of the website
What we are looking for?
You will have proven marketing and events background within retail and charity environment. You will also have experience of managing/organising multiple projects and events with both internal and external partners.
It’s a busy and demanding role that will occasionally require support out of standard working hours, especially during events/conferences periods. Therefore, you will need to be flexible to support business needs.
Why work for us
At Poundland we're known for our 'Amazing Value'. Our people are pretty amazing too.
It’s their energy and enthusiasm that makes this such a great place to work. And in return, we make sure that everyone enjoys the opportunity to progress their career with us.
From the first day you join us, you’ll get everything you need to do your job well. Your induction will take care of that. After that, your career development is in your hands. You can create your own journey as you put yourself on the map.
As long as you’re passionate about Poundland and delivering amazing value to our customers, we’ll support you to build your career progression plan and create amazing opportunities for yourself.
Head Office Willenhall